Thursday, July 15, 2010

Axl, Scars, and a Hangover

CLICK TO JOIN IN!
1. Do you collect anything?
Yes. I have been collecting I Love Lucy memorabilia since I was in elementary school. I have always kept it packed up thinking that one day I would have a place to display it, especially if I had a girl then I could do her room in light green and pink with a retro vibe. Now I have no idea what I am going to do with it. It's all packed up: trivia games, metal signs, Barbies, etc.

Oh, to live at the corner of Lucy and Ethel...

I also collect random Guns 'N Roses pieces. I have a demo record with some random covers. I was so excited to get it on eBay several years ago. I also have their first album: no, not Appetite for Destruction, but Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide, GNR comic books, post cards, Rolling Stone Magazines, Circus Magazines, even concert promo flyers from the early 80's before they hit it big, random bootleg concerts, and pretty much any and every TV performance. I still always smile when I hear them, and they always have a way of sneaking onto the radio when I need a pick me up. It's sort creepy how it ALWAYS happens.



Photobucket




Seriously, rewind to 1988, '89, '90, '91, '92 ...

I would have been on that GNR tour bus a la Penny Lane...




2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.

{One} 
Bradley Cooper   

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a moment in The Hangover where he didn't look flat drool-worthy.




What can I say...I have a thing for hot, shaggy-haired, Biology teachers... (i.e. my hubby)



I am pretty sure that Mr. Cooper is the first celeb that makes me sweat that others find attractive. - I have somewhat twisted taste that always leaves other girls going, "Huh? Eww." i.e. Mickey Rourke (pre-scary facelift), Keifer Sutherland, Bruce Willis, … 

{Two}
I have loved Robert Downey, Jr. since Only You. Oh gosh, he is so perfect in that movie! 

I couldn't think and asked Zac who I think are hot. His exact reply was, "That guy from The Hangover…umm…old…dirty…guys… I don't know…Marlon Brando…random fat football players…" 

Guilty.

I guess that counts as three.



3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them)?

Well, before last year, I didn't any. I have always thought scars were really cool because they are like little bookmarks you wear around forever. Now, I have TEN. FOUR of them are from my gallbladder removal in January of 2009 when I was in my second trimester. Yep, you can have surgery when you are pregnant, but only in your second trimester. However I wouldn't recommend it since you have to wake up from surgery and have an OB nurse check the baby before you get any pain meds. Ahh!!! Then, they slowly give it to one mg at a time so that they can keep tabs on the baby. OUCH! I have another FOUR scars from my transplant. Three are on top of my tummy from the stomach tubes, then of course the great big one from having my chest cracked open for about 6 hours. =) It's actually not nearly as bad as I had imagined it would be. It was glued, no staples or stitches.

I love my transplant scar and all that it represents. I am not even going to use any Mederma or scar treatment.

Hubs has a massive scar in his back and sides as well where he had some pretty wicked melanomas removed several years ago. His was extremely touch and go for a while, too. Our scars are such incredible reminders of how blessed we are to be survivors. I also have a scar about the size of pencil eraser from my central line and a cut on top of my hand where I was attacked by a copy machine a couple of years ago. You know, one of those heavy duty ones at work? I reached in to get my copies, and "Ouch!" I have no clue what did it but it hurt!



4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird? 

Growing up always ate everything, so I always grossed everyone at school out by eating bread crusts, chicken liver, and olives. I still eat olives, crawfish, spinach, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc. I also love to drink plain Perrier and club soda which totally grosses my husband out.

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life? 

No tornados, but I've been through many, many hurricanes, including Ivan, and Katrina. They just come with the territory down here.
Photobucket



Smart and Trendy Moms






New Friend Fridays






















22 comments:

  1. You are beautiful and I love your transplant scar! I hope that isn't weird or offensive. But it's like this badge of courage and grit. It kinda kicks ass and tells the world how strong you are and that you have a lot of good stuff to live for. Awesome!

    And I have never seen The Hangover. Not even a clue what it's about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bradley Cooper is a hottie. But, Mickey Rourke?? LOL. You look beautiful in your pic. Enjoy your weekend.

    Stopping by from SITS. I was behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that was cool reading about you. Same for food. I think i can eat anything. Although Hybby came back from China and i think fish eyes are a big NO for me. LOL
    Come follow me back and say hi :)
    Happy Friday!
    Frenchy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog glad I stopped by

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat almost everything, but octopus is something I don't like much :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower from Thatt 22 Year-old Housewife Friendship Friday. I love this other blog hop that you participated in...I haven't seen any tornados...thank goodness...but living in CT, I have seen lots of hurricanes too. I love the fact that you collect I Love Lucy things, and I teach English also. I think we have more in common, but anyways, I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopped by from Five Question Friday..Great blog! I'm so glad that you wrote more about Bradley Cooper, someone else choose him too and I had no idea who he was.
    Living in Florida the Hurricanes and Tornados kinda go together..Makes for some pretty wild,scary,exciting times :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi bethany! Thank you for stopping by. I only watch Shemare moore on criminal minds! (hmmmm) reading your answers...you are a very strong person! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by. Bradley Cooper is drool worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love The Hangover! and yes your #4 is pretty gross! I am a really picky eater though, so I think lots of things are gross!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ACK!!! Really?! I have ALWAYS thought Bruce Willis is hot...now I'm bummed I forgot to mention him! And, we both choose Bradley Cooper...funny!

    I love that you embrace your scar...you are so right, it is beautiful, because it stands for LIFE and all you have left to live, now!!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your attitude about your transplant scar!

    I had a surgical debreedment for necrotizing fasciitis after my first c-section. My scar runs from hip bone to hip bone and it's not even a nice, even scar. It closed up on it's own -- not with staples or stitches - so it's bigger in some places than others, jagged, etc. BUT. I'm still alive and that's what counts! ;) Plus, nobody other than my husband can see it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love me some Robert Downey Jr. ;-)

    Stoppin' by from Mama M's! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree with you Robert Downy Jr. And I so remember Circus magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love Bradley Cooper! For a couple weeks, it seemed like every time I tuned into a movie on TV, he was in it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found your blog through one of the other blogs I was surfing. Great blog. I'm adding myself as a new follower and off to check out previous archives. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great way to look at scars...each of them are a way for us to remember a piece of the story of our lives. :0)

    I found your blog through Friday Follow.

    Hope you'll visit either or both of my blogs and follow as well:

    Jessicas Lil Corner-Family Blog: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized-FREE Custom Blog Designs: http:/sostylilized.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would totally rock the scar too! Go you. I love love love crawfish and could eat it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm your newest follower from the Blog Hops! Come visit me sometime at http://inspiringyou2save.com. Starting Monday I will have a "Meet Me Monday" Blog Hop. Be sure to join in. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can certainly agree that your scar is beautiful. My son had a potential melanoma removed from his back this summer. It looks horrific, but he says it makes him look like a badass :)

    Sorry for giving you a hard time about your font; I'm trying to figure out this trial contact prescription, and it's not going well for me :( I thought your last point was about TOMATOES, at first!haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you ever visit the I Love Lucy memorabilia building at Universal Studios theme park in Florida. They have everything there!

    Visiting your blog from the Blog Bash, yes, I'm always the late-comer. But half of life is just showing up, right?

    I love your blog, and would love if you'd consider guest blogging on mine. You have an amazing story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVED The Hangover. Bradley Cooper is certainly attractive but he's too much of a pretty boy for me.

    ReplyDelete