Tuesday, January 12, 2010

~After the freeze, the breeze is beautiful~

I love the freezing weather, especially when I don't have to get out in at 6:00 in the a.m. I have never gotten to enjoy the cold weather because I have always had to get up and drag my burrrcicled self to work, and with classrooms facing the outside pretty much since student teaching, I rarely ever got to un-bundle during the day. Yesterday, I did have to drag Finn and myself out into the chilly mini-metropolis of Mobile for my labs and his six month check-up. Leaving the neighborhood at 8:00 a.m., my car's thermometer read 27 degrees! His check-up went great, and he barely fussed with his shot. However, he is starting a little bit of stranger anxiety beginning with some of Beth's sweet coworkers and wrapping it up with Dr. Sands. He weighs 21 lbs. and measures 28 inches in length: I am rearing He-Man over here! When we arrived back home and it had begun to warm up, we took a walk down to the pond to check things out. Of course our new porch tenants, the ugly ducks, followed us down in a straight line. Why can't the mallards be the ones crashing next to the house?
The muscovy duck: a flock of which has taken over our back porch.

Finn was all wrapped up in his little brown hat and mittens. While we were checking out some large deer tracks, the mallards flew over to join us. Finn watched the ducks follow us all the way back up to the house, and expressed his dislike for coming inside as soon as I shut the door behind us, but it wasn't anything that jar of Gerber sweet potatoes couldn't fix. =) These little moments make staying home much sweeter: living in the quiet country doesn't hurt either - another aspect of life I am growing accustomed to now. I never realized how much of a city girl I was until I moved where I was thirty minutes from everything as opposed five minutes from everything. Plus, it prevents as much frivolous and impulse purchases, i.e. Target, Best Buy, Walgreens, etc.



I am actually looking forward to Tuesday's hepatology appointment in New Orleans, since I get to go by myself. I am not going to stay the night since my appointment isn't until 9:30. Maybe I'll get to hit up a couple of the antique shops for my new project: the wall in the dining area.


I was able to come down on my steroids again, and I can feel it. I am sleeping a little better, the head-to-toe swelling is slowly going down, and the munchies aren’t as ravenous, neither are the hot flashes. My next biopsy is on February 2nd, and hopefully I will get to go down again (and color my hair)! Hehe. I will be four months out then; six months is the big one; if I can keep it going like this many of my strong restrictions will be lifted or “loosened.

I really want to be able to reach more folks by showing up in search engines and in the blogging community. I will also be able to insert photographs/graphics and details with more freedom and creativity. There have been so many little things I have wanted to spill on and get feedback for that I not able to do on here. Upon searching for blogs for pre and post-transplant support I was very disappointed. Hopefully, I will eventually be able to create a community for those facing the possibility of a transplant, living with heart failure, and those dealing with their new lifestyle post-transplant. I also hope to put a thriving face to organ donation and encourage those dear families having to face that end of the spectrum. I cannot imagine the fear and unrest these families feel. Some of them may never heal enough to be able to face the recipient of their loved one’s organ, but I pray for peace to fill the souls of these noble angels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment